This article provides the steps on how to migrate your Kayako 4 helpdesk from one server to another.
To migrate your Kayako 4 helpdesk to another server, follow the steps below:
- As a precaution, take a backup of your database, templates, languages, and code modifications (if any). For more information on helpdesk backups, please refer to the article Upgrading (or Downgrading) Your Kayako Classic Download Helpdesk.
- Check if all the prerequisites are installed on the server on which you are about to migrate the helpdesk. For more information on server prerequisites, please refer to the article Server Configuration Requirements.
- Move all the product files from the old server to the document root of the new server.
- Assign full permissions (Read, Write, and Execute) to "cache", "geoip", "logs" " and "files" directories, which are available under the '__swift' folder, along with the "__apps" directory.
- Create a new database and import the database dump taken in Step 1 from the old server to this new database.
- Enter the new database details (Hostname, Database_name, Database_username, and password) in the
- If the domain remains the same after migration, you may skip Steps 7 and 8, otherwise, you need to change the product URL in the database by using the following query from the MySQL CLI (Command Line Interface):
mysql> update swsettings set data = 'http://newproductURL/' where vkey = 'general_producturl';
- After carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you need to contact support to change the registered domain name, since you will need to replace the previous key with the new license key corresponding to the new domain.
- Once you replace the old key with the new one, rebuild the help desk cache from the web browser using the URL in the following format: