This article provides information on enabling additional language packs.
Kayako supports nine different languages including English. You can enable these languages like the one below:
- Enable the language from Admin CP > Languages > Select the language > Is Enabled: Yes.
- If you want to translate any language yourself, you can export standard English language (Admin CP > Languages > Import/Export) and translate it accordingly before importing it back into Kayako.
- To download any additional languages, please log in to your Kayako account. Find the language of your choice and press the 'Download' button.
If you were to have an error similar to the one below after enabling language packs:
Undefined index: lastmodifiedby (./__swift/cache/53ad2668017573721b216d7d5c0f2207.php:44)
It means that the specific phrase lastmodifiedby doesn't exist for a language pack you have applied.
To fix this, go to Admin CP > Languages > Phrases > Select the implemented language pack from the drop down > Insert Phrase and enter the information like shown below.
1. What is language-en-gb.xml file used for?
This is a language file for English (U.K.). You can import it in your Kayako from Admin CP > Languages > Import/Export.
2. What is geoiplite.tar.gz file used for?
This is GeoIP database which is used for visitor information in Kayako Desktop application.
To Configure GeoIP , please follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Extract the archive and you will get the folder "geoiplite.tar.gz".
2. Copy all the contents of the folder "geoiplite.tar.gz" to the product file "../__swift/geoip".
3. Access admin control panel, go to GeoIP, and update the GeoIP database .
Please note, after copying Geo lite files in your geoip folder, do remember to configure the GeoIP by going to Admin CP > GeoIP. Here you need to click "UPDATE" respectively in all following four menu tabs:
1) City ( Locations )
2) City ( Blocks )
It will take some time to index the geo lite files in the database when you click on update.