This article guides you on how to handle large emails in Kayako.
Theoretically, there is no limitation on email size to be fetched to the helpdesk. The email size would depend upon the resources available on the server hosting the helpdesk.
The helpdesk has the following settings which affect email file size. File size limits include attachments.
Email Size Limit
- By default, the value of Email Size Limit is set to 2048KB (2MB).
- This defines the maximum size of email that can be fetched into the helpdesk; the helpdesk rejects any message which is above this size.
Note: This limit influences the outbound emails as well. The outbound emails exceeding this limit will neither be generated nor log an error.
Therefore, to prevent this issue from occurring it is recommended to compress attachments as to not exceed the email size limit or to use other file-sharing methods.
Maximum Number of Emails to Download in a Batch
- This can be accessed through Admin CP > Settings > Email Parser where the Email Size Limit can be found as well.
- The setting defines the maximum number of emails that is fetched upon a single execution of the CRON script. If you want to fetch large emails, value for
Maximum number of emails to download in a batchshould be set to low. The default value is
Example: 20 emails are fetched for each email queue on single execution of CRON script. The value should be kept low to prevent server overload and memory dump.
For Download License Users
- The value of
Email Size Limitdepends upon the below-mentioned PHP parameters:
- These parameters are directly proportional to
Email Size Limit; the higher the value, the more resources are required by PHP. Therefore, the settings mentioned above need to be increased in accordance with the server resources.
Updating Incoming Email Attachment Size
- Go to Admin CP > Email Parser > Settings > Email size limit.