Sometimes you may receive the following message when trying to log in to your instance after creating additional staff user accounts:
Staff count exceeded. (3 > 2). Please contact Kayako Support for further assistance.
The number of staff user accounts you can create on your Kayako Classic instance depends on the number of seats you have purchased for your subscription. Five purchased seats mean you can only create five staff user accounts (agents and admins). If your staff count exceeds the number of purchased seats, you may receive the aforesaid error message.
The approach to fixing this issue differs whether you have download or ondemand. Please check out the details in the solution section below.
- Access to make changes to your database for Kayako Classic Download.
- Access to the SaaS Self-Service Portal.
Kayako Classic OnDemand
Since your database is hosted on our server, then you need to submit a ticket to get this issue resolve.
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page. If you already have an open ticket for this issue, please proceed to step 2.
- In your ticket, provide the details of the issue including a screenshot of the error if there's any.
- NOTE: The support team will submit the request on your behalf to temporarily increase your seat count so that you can access your instance and can make the necessary changes.
- Once the seat count has been increased, they will email you back to confirm.
- Log in to your account to do either of the following:
- Delete the additional staff user by navigating to Admin Control Panel > Staff > Manage Staff > Delete Staff. Make sure you retain only staff user counts according to your price plan.
- Or, update your account to increase the number of seats depending on your need.
For Kayako Classic OnDemand, agents should do the following:
- Request a temporary increase in the seat count for the customer using the PRF form.
- Once the seat count has been increased, ask the customer to log in and update the number of seats as allowed by their plan.
For Kayako Classic Download, customers refer the customer to the steps below to disable the staff member from their database.
Kayako Classic Download
If you are using Kayako Download, please execute the below queries to disable extra staff members from the database:
SET isenabled = 0
WHERE fullname = [Full name of any of your staff members in your helpdesk];