If you are on the Kayako Classic Download version and you have renewed your subscription, or have made changes to your accounts such as increasing or decreasing the seat count and domain change, you will need to update your existing key.php file with the new one that is generated on your account.
You can download the key.php file from under the 'My Orders' tab by logging in to your Kayako account using your registered email address.
- To access My.kayako.com, you need to use the registered billing email address on the license.
- Access to make changes to your Kayako Classic Download installation.
To download and update the Kayako license key:
- Log in to your Kayako Account.
- Go to the 'My Orders' tab.
- Download the new 'key.php’ file from the My Orders tab.
- Once you have the key.php file downloaded, upload it to the root folder (replacing the old file) in which the rest of the helpdesk files have been uploaded.
IMPORTANT: Every time you replace the key.php file, you need to rebuild the cache to bring those changes into effect using the following link:
- After uploading the new key.php file your instance should be updated and you should be able to use it without any issue.
- The key.php file is present under the document root of your Kayako installation.
- Take a backup of the old key.php file before replacing it in case something goes wrong with the new key file.