If you are adding new staff to your team and you want to create a user account for them, then you may need to add more seats to your Kayako Classic subscription. This article shares the process of adding more seats or modifying the existing number of seats in your Subscription.
<supportagent>If the method below doesn't work for the customer, agents can follow Adding or Removing Seats for Kayako Classic Subscription (agent guide)
The number of staff users or accounts that you can add to Kayako depends on the number of seats you have purchased for your subscription. If you purchased five (5) seats, then you can only create five (5) staff user accounts (for agents and admins). If your staff count exceeds the number of purchased seats, your helpdesk becomes inaccessible and you may receive the following message:
Staff count exceeded. (3 > 2). Please contact Kayako Support for further assistance.
If you encounter this problem, check out the guide we prepared for you at Fixing the Staff Count Exceeded Error. However, to prevent this from happening, you can adjust your seat counts online through My.kayako.com.
- Newly added seats are charged from the next billing cycle and we don't process refunds for removed seats but you will be receiving a credit balance that can be applied to future invoices.
- There may be cases where you might need to wait for at least 24 hours for the changes to take effect. If you are unable to add or create the staff user account after 24 hours of making the changes, please do contact our customer support team for assistance.
- To access My.kayako.com, you need to use the registered billing email address on the license.
Follow these steps to add or remove the number of seats:
Log in to your My.kayako.com account using your registered email address.
Click on the My Kayako helpdesk tab.
Enter the seat count you wish to avail of (or you can also change the price plan).
Click Update to update your plan.NOTE:
- If you are reducing the seat count, always disable/delete extra staff accounts from Admin CP (Admin CP > Staff > Manage Staff > Select Account: Delete/Disable) before reducing the seat count number.
- You will see a summary of your bill and expected charges due to the changes you made on the upper right of the screen.
Update your Billing Address (part of the authentication process) and click Next.
Update your Billing Card information.
After increasing your seat count, you should be able to add or create an additional user account.