Kayako is a comprehensive helpdesk used by tens of thousands of organizations, all around the world. That means we receive a lot of great feedback, suggestions, and wishes from customers of all shapes and sizes.
Unfortunately, this means we need to say 'no' a lot more than we would like. In fact, in many cases, we are unable to provide a response or timeframe to each feature request. However, we do read all of the feedback and suggestions sent to us, and prioritize feature request based on a number of factors.
We want to be transparent about the way we handle feature requests, so have outlined how we handle feature requests below.
Feature Requests in General
- You are invited to share your feedback and suggestions about feature requests in the feature requests sub-section of the community forums.
- We do not implement features based solely on their popularity - we take a number of factors into consideration.
- We do not provide ETAs for feature requests or publish long term roadmaps at this time.
Making a Feature Request
We regularly review feature requests and suggestions made on the forum. The forum is where suggestions start out, where they gather popularity and evolve as ideas.
- Before creating a new feature request, search the feature requests forum to see if someone else has requested it.
- If you find one, please show your support for an existing request (it is more likely to gain attention than if you post a duplicate one).
- If you need to create a new feature request, create a new post in the appropriate sections of the forum.
Tracking Feature Requests
- When we decide to implement a feature request, we may log it in our development tracker.
- When we schedule a feature request, we will set a 'target version' for the entry in the development tracker.
- Remember that we do not publish long-term roadmaps. We have internal product roadmaps to plan our future releases. Scheduling in the development tracker does not tell the whole story, but it as well as our blog indicates what is coming up soon.
What Goes In, What Stays Out
We take into account a number of factors when deciding which feature requests to implement, such as:
- Feedback from our customers
- Feedback from Kayako experts
- Our own market research
- The availability of our own team and resources
- How the feature fits in with our long-term product plans and strategy