This article provides information about the issue of a blank page when running the setup script during installation.
- Admin access to the server
If you get a blank page when running the setup script, then you need to follow the below steps:
- Check the database connection: This issue is often caused by an invalid database connection.
- Check the
__swift/config/config.phpto make sure that the address, username, password, and database name is correct.
- Make sure that the database is reachable from your server, especially if it is not reachable from "localhost". If you have MySQL installed, you can run the command
mysql -u <username> -h localhost -p(or similar) to test the connection and make sure that you can connect from the server.
- It is also recommended to ensure that Strict Mode is disabled. Please refer to the article Disabling MySQL Strict Mode on the Server to get a walk through of this process.
- Check the
- Check for the prerequisites - Check if all prerequisites are met and installed on the server on which you are installing the product.
- Enable display errors in PHP - Enable
display_errorsfor the PHP installed on your server. This PHP parameter is set in the php.ini file. Once set to
Onit will show you on-screen PHP errors as and when they occur.
- Check Server Error Log - The server error log will give you a hint on what might have caused the blank page. If you are using XAMPP or WAMP, the logs can be obtained using the button on the UI. For physical servers, typically, it can be found in
/var/log/<file or folder>(i.e., /apache/log/error.txt).
- Search for the KB article - Depending on the error you will see, you may search for the KB article available for solving the problem.
- Example: Handling the "Unable to connect to Database. Please verify the username, password, grant permissions" Error During Installation has this same symptom so you can refer to this KBA for fixing the issue.
- Submit a ticket - If a KBA is not available, please submit a ticket to the support team.
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page. If you already have an open ticket for this issue, please proceed to step 2.
- In your ticket, provide the following:
- Details of the issue including a screenshot of the error or a reproduction video.
- Your instance or domain name.