This KB article will provide valuable information about reviewing the template editing history and comparing template versions.
The figure below displays how a history tab looks like:
The history tab shows the changes made to the selected template. The following change information can be retrieved:
- Version changes and the current version
- Staff user that made the changes
- Date and time when the changes were made
- Changelog notes
- The template comparison tool allows you to visually compare templates, and it highlights the section that has been changed in the template.
- You can view, compare, revert, collaborate and track template changes.
- Click Compare and you will be presented with the comparison output for that particular template. The following example shows the comparison between the changes made to the footer template.
- In the figure above, the left-hand side shows the original code of the footer template, and the right-hand side shows the modified code.
- It clearly shows that some code has been inserted on line number 4, hence making it easy to track and revert the changes.
Export diff File
- The export diff tool will export the template code, as a patch file, that has been included or excluded from the original.
- A + will show the lines or white spaces added and a - will show the lines that were present in the original but has been excluded during modification.
- The figure below shows an example template code in an exported file.