This article is useful in case you are looking to provide support to your clients using different user interfaces or brands, but want to have a single installation and Admin/Staff CP (Control Panel) for your staff.
For example, you wish that your clients can submit tickets or initiate the chat accessing different URLs :
Your staff will have to assist using one backend, i.e., Admin/Staff CP by accessing Products Admin (
http://products.com/admin) and Products Staff (
This desire can be achieved with the help of the multi-domain concept. However, multi-domain is only available to Kayako Classic Download. With the download subscription model, you can use unlimited domains for one license.
OnDemand customers are only allowed a single domain which they can request to change at any time should they decide to change brands.
For multi-domain, here are a few things to note:
- The domain which is used as a product URL in the help desk is called the primary domain (
- Any other domain which is used to access the help desk using a different template group is called a secondary domain (
If you wish to add another domain, you need to do two things:
- Send a request to the support team first to get the new domain added to your account.
- Install Kayako Classic for the new domain.
Sending a Request to Get a New Domain
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top of the bottom of this page. Skip this step if you already have an open ticket for this request.
- To make sure we processing request from authorized account holders only, you need to provide any of the following information for authentication:
- License order ID - it can be checked on the customer’s account on the Kayako portal.
- Copy of a recently paid invoice.
- Registered billing email address and company name.
- The new domain name you want to add.
Once the new domain has been created, proceed to install Kayako Classic for the new domain.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to update your license key on your server if a domain name was updated or added. Please download the new key from your My.kayako.com account.
Refer to the Adding and Modifying Domains in Kayako Classic - Agent Guide article to process this request.
Installing Kayako Classic
For installation steps, please visit the Installing Kayako Classic Download article.
The installation of the primary domain is a normal procedure. For the secondary domain, you need to perform the following steps:
- Place the product files in the document root of the website to be used as a secondary domain.
__/swift/config/config.phpand add the database access details of the database being used at the primary domain in it. It means that the database which is used at the primary domain must be accessible through MySQL-CLI from the server, which is used for secondary installation.
- Place the license key in the document root of the secondary domain. You do not require the license key for the secondary domain.
- Create the template groups in the primary domain, which is to be linked with the secondary domain.
- Make the changes in the config.php file (on the secondary domains), by specifying the template group name.
* SWIFT TEMPLATE GROUP
* Can be used for multi-point installations. Use this to specify a custom template group to load for this installation.
In the above example, the default is the template group name of the primary installation.