Sometimes you may run into repeated session expirations if your computer's internet connection assigns Dynamic rather than Static IP addresses. To keep your sessions from expiring every time your IP changes, you can tell Kayako not to validate your session using your IP address.
The method for this fix depends on what version of Kayako you're using. This article provides the Kayako version-specific methods for applying this fix.
Follow the instructions provided below depending on the version of Kayako installed in your infrastructure:
For Kayako OnDemand:
- Please contact support, and we'll make sure your server settings are updated.
For Kayako Download 4.66 or newer:
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- Click the Settings link and then the Security link.
- Find the setting Validate sessions by checking IP address and select No.
- Click Update to save your changes.
For Kayako Download older than 4.66:
- Log into your server and find '../swift/config/config.php'.
- Open the file for editing.
- Search for the following:
- Replace false' with true, so it reads:
- Save your changes and make sure they're pushed live.