Spam tickets can only be created via the 3 possible ticket creation channels
- Email parser (incoming tickets via email)
- Ticket submission form (from the Help Center)
- Offline Live Chat messages (from the Help Center)
This article will guide you on how to check these ticket creation channels' and tweak the settings to prevent spam ticket creation.
- Check the source of the spam email: Open any of the spam tickets and go to the Audit Logs tab. Under the Entry type, it will show either Parser or User.
- If Entry type is Parser, then the source is the Email Parser.
- If Entry type is User, then the source is tickets submitted via the Help Center.
- Temporarily disable the Chat message routing.
- This feature can be disabled at Admin CP > Live Chat > Message Routing.
- To enable Captcha:
- Go to Admin CP > Tickets > Settings.
- Set Require users to complete a CAPTCHA when submitting tickets setting to “YES”.
- To hide ticket submission for guest users:
- Go to Admin CP > Widgets > select 'Submit a Ticket' > Options tab.
- Set Widget visibility to “Logged in users only”
Check that there are no more spam tickets being creating