This article discusses the different statuses available for chats.
Kayako allows the following statuses for chats:
- Incoming: Chat is waiting to be accepted by an agent.
- Pending: The chat status is set to 'Pending' when the chat is in a queue, i.e. the chat is initiated by the customer but not accepted by any of the staff users online in the Kayako Desktop application.
- In Chat: The chat status is set to 'In Chat' when the chat is in progress.
- Ended: The chat is set to 'Ended' status when either closed by staff or by the customer.
- No answer: The chat status is set to 'No answer' when the chat is not accepted by any of the online staff users and reached 'Maximum number of round-robin tries' as mentioned under Admin control panel > Live Support > Settings.
- Timeout: The chat status is set to Timeout when the chat messages are not delivered from either end due to the network connection issue. It is also used when there is no activity from either the user or agent during a chat.
- Kayako instance has two queueing modes for live chats i.e. Round Robin and Open Queue. If an agent fails to answer the chat on Open Queueing mode, it uses the status Timed out.
- There's no "abandoned" status in Kayako Classic chat.