Propose to the customer to rebuild the indexing
Further major search engine improvements. Despite the last update to the search engine, some problems remained when it came to scaling the search index. We have implemented a complete full-text solution that is speedy, accurate and kinder to your web server. Indexing also now happens on-the-fly, and the reindexing process is much quicker than before.
NOTES: Take into account that there are some stop words we are not able to find into the DB
Rebuild the search index
After upgrading, we strongly advise rebuilding the ticket search index to improve performance and solve accuracy problems. You can find the reindexer in Administrator Control Panel > Tickets > Maintenance.
If you are not proficient in console-based server administration, we recommend using the regular web-based indexer in the administrator control panel under Tickets -> Maintenance.
Press Rebuild button
The 100% result should appear
Console-based search engine re-indexer
- Remember to backup your data before performing an upgrade.
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you back up the 'swsearchindex' table before proceeding!
- The console-based re-indexer is slightly faster per pass than the web-based one and less prone to browser-related problems. It will also let you pick up from where you left off if for some reason the indexing is interrupted.
- To run it, navigate to your helpdesk's installation folder and execute.
Say yes when the indexer asks if you want to flush the search engine index.php ./console/index.php /Tickets/RebuildIndex/Start/
NOTE: If you don´t have the environmental variable for php, you can instantiate the execution from the location of the php.exe and specify the console directory:
For example: c:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.3.5>php "C:\wamp64\www\upload\console\index.php"
- First, you need to write CONFIRM and press enter
- Then, you need to complete the number for start offset lower than N
- Write N press Enter
- Then, press Enter twice when a request for a number of posts and the DELETE options
- If the re-indexer is interrupted, you can have it resume from where it last left off. If the re-indexer cut out at post 10,001 then you need to start it at 10,002:
php ./console/index.php /Tickets/RebuildIndex/Start/10002
IMPORTANT: If resuming indexing, make sure that you select no when the indexer asks if you want to flush the search engine index.