This article guides you on how to add Live Chat in the WordPress Kayako page.
- An active Classic Kayako subscription
- Admin access to the Wordpress site
- You have installed the Kayako WordPress app available on the Github page
To offer Live Chat support from your WordPress site, you need to create a Live Chat tag to include on the page:
- Log in as an admin to your WordPress site.
- Go to the Kayako Admin Control Panel and click Tag Generator on the menu sidebar.
- Select the type of Live Chat tag you want, and follow the prompts for creating it.
- Once you’ve generated the Live Chat tag, switch back to the WordPress Admin > Kayako > Live Chat Tag.
- In the text box labeled Paste the tag generated by Kayako Fusion here: paste the code for the Live Chat tag you created with Kayako.
- Before saving, copy the shorthand code below and add it in your WordPress Theme. This code should be present in your theme to display the chat icon.
<?php if(function_exists('the_kayako_liveChatTag')) the_kayako_liveChatTag(); ?
The Live Chat icon should now be displayed in your WordPress Kayako site.