This KB article provides valuable information about the email parser logs.
To access the email parser logs, navigate to Admin Panel > Email Parser > Parser Logs.
- Email Parser Logs will help you to identify different reasons why the customer might be experiencing problems with the email queues.
- These logs are some of the most valuable pieces of troubleshooting information that you can get your hands on as an agent.
- A considerable number of Kayako Classic tickets have to do with email issues, and you have a single source of truth at your fingertips.
A labeled view of the parser logs is shared in the figure below:
A brief description of these fields is shared below:
- Actions: These are specific actions that users can apply to an email.
- Deleting the email will remove it from the parser queue, and reprocessing will rerun the parser.
- Frequently, if there's an issue with an email setting, users can make the necessary changes and then get old or rejected emails to be parsed back in. The Reprocessing Email option will do that.
- General information: This area shows you everything that you need to know about this particular email and how it was parsed into Kayako as a ticket. All the information here should be self-explanatory.
- Result: Just like it says, this area shows the result of the parse. If it created a new ticket or if it created a reply to an existing ticket, the information will be displayed here. For example, created reply #351625 to ticket #MMX-485-7743.
- MIME Data (Raw Headers): This is the metadata of the actual email that was fetched by Kayako. Generally speaking, you won't need to dig into these as an L1 agent, but it's essential to know where to gather them if you need to escalate a ticket. Here are two useful external links to help you to understand and troubleshoot issues with email headers: