The following error is logged after uprgrade to version 4.93:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_get_iv_size() in /home/llaborate/my.llaborate.co.uk/__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php:16
#0 /home/llaborate/my.llaborate.co.uk/__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(16): SWIFT_License::DecodeKey('<?php /* [6b1be...')
#1 /home/llaborate/my.llaborate.co.uk/__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php(16): SWIFT_License::Load()
#2 /home/llaborate/my.llaborate.co.uk/__swift/swift.php(16): require_once('/home/llaborate...')
#3 /home/llaborate/my.llaborate.co.uk/cron/index.php(29): require_once('/home/llaborate...')
thrown in /home/llaborate/my.llaborate.co.uk/__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php on line 16
- PHP 7.1+ does not support mcrypt extension anymore.
- Kayako v4.93 uses mcrypt polyfill library.
- The polyfill library adds the functions that used to be provided by the mcrypt library but using openSSL instead of mcrypt.
- OpenSSL is mandatory for Kayako if you are using the PHP 7 and latest build of Kayako.
To fix the error, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure the ext-mcrypt module is disabled in PHP.ini file
- Make sure the ext-openssl module is enabled in PHP.ini file
- If ext-mcrypt is disabled and ext-openssl is enabled, purge the contents of the __swift/cache folder and try again.