As a Kayako Classic OnDemand customer, you may require a full database backup or data dump of your Kayako Classic instance which can contain all of the existing conversations and their notes, details of the users registered in your instance, knowledge base articles from the Help Center, and attachments on conversations and articles.
Since your instance is hosted by Kayako, you need to submit a request to the support team so they can forward it to the SaaS Ops team on your behalf.
Note: The database backup can only be provided as a MySQL dump file. If you require the extract to be in the CSV file format, you can look for a converter to change the file format from MySQL to CSV. We do not assist in converting the file from MySQL to CSV.
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top of this page or click this submit a request link.
- Provide the details of your request:
- The name of the Kayako Classic OnDemand instance that you are requesting a backup for (e.g. sniper.kayako.com)
- Indicate if you want a database only or a database with attachments extract.
- We put an expiration to the download link for security purposes. So tell us if you want the download URL to expire within 24, 48, or 72 hours. If you do not indicate any expiration time, we will set it at 72 hours.
- Please provide either one of the following pieces of information to ensure we are only processing a request from an authorized person:
- Copy of the previously paid invoice. (attached to your ticket)
- Or, billing email address and mailing address registered on the account.
Once the request has been fulfilled, the agent will provide you with the link or URL to download the database files.
- If a customer requests a full backup of their instance, you can fulfill the request by following the process outlined in the Self-Service Portal for Kayako SaaS Requests article.
- Use the Backup an instance form under the Kayako Classic section to file the request.
NOTE: The SaaS Ops team will provide the backup file's download links to the customer. The links will expire within 24-72 hours, which depends on the expiry period selected when the request was submitted. Inform and remind the customer about this information.IMPORTANT REMINDER! Before sending the backup URL to the customer, verify that the link is for the intended recipient by examining the URL. From the URL, you should be seeing the customer's domain. (see sample screenshot below)