At times, while creating tickets, you may encounter the following error:
Date cannot be in the past: Recurrence starts
This article explains what causes the error mentioned above and how to resolve it.
Two conditions would exist for this error to occur:
- The user is in a timezone that is behind the server's timezone.
E.g., The server is on UTC, while the user is on UTC-05:00
- The server is into the next day while the user is still in the current day.
E.g., It is 1:00 AM on Tuesday where the server is located. On the other hand, it is 8:00 PM on Monday, where the user is located.
To further illustrate the conditions under which the error occurs, suppose a user selects 10:00 PM on September 25 as the start of the recurrence, while the server is already on September 26 at 3:00 AM. In this case, the error Date cannot be in the past: Recurrence starts is likely to appear.
This issue is a known bug in versions older than Kayako Classic 4.93.02.
If you are experiencing this issue and you are using a version that is older than Kayako Classic 4.93.02, you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Kayako Classic.
- Kayako Classic Download: To upgrade to the latest version of Kayako Classic, please visit the Upgrading or Downgrading Your Kayako Classic Download Helpdesk article, which goes through the procedure for upgrading to the newest version.
- Kayako Classic OnDemand: Click the Submit a ticket button at the top of this page to request for an upgrade of your instance. We will upgrade it from the backend.
IMPORTANT! At times, the issue might persist due to caching issues even after an upgrade was completed.
If the issue persists, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Rebuild the Kayako Cache.
- Navigate to your Admin control panel.
- Go to Diagnostics > Rebuild Cache.
- Once done, logout from Kayako and log back in.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Click on the links below for instructions on how to clear your browser's cache and cookies:
- If you are using a browser other than the ones listed above, you can search on Google for the correct steps or consult the browser manufacturer for assistance.