While using Kayako Classic, you may encounter the error:
"This domain name (support.SampleDomain.com), does not match the domain name in the license key file."
Kayako Classic license keys are domain or IP-based. If you registered support.SampleDomain.com, then you should install Kayako only on that domain. Otherwise, the error will appear. If you want to use a different domain, then we need to add the domain to your account or modify the existing ones.
Only the support team can add or modify domains to your account. See the details below on how to contact the appropriate support team for your account type.
If you are using a GFI Helpdesk account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, please follow these steps:
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page. If you already have an open ticket with us for this issue, then skip this step (use the existing ticket).
Provide the following details:
- The current instance or domain name (e.g., domain.kayako.com)
- A short description of the problem/request (include the domain you want to use).
- Screenshot of the error (if available).
- Provide the same information stated above to the GFI team to expedite your request.
- You need to download the new key and update the license key on your server once the domain update is completed.
IMPORTANT STEP TO CONSIDER
The support team will process the request by either adding the new domain to your account (for download customers only) or modifying/renaming your existing domain (for ondemand customers). Once this has been fulfilled, the support team will notify you of the changes but there's one more thing you need to do to make sure you won't encounter a redirection of your instance to the wrong domain. That is to update the database with the correct domain or URL.
Updating the Database with the Correct Domain or URL
- Run the below MySQL query to check the current value for the base URL in the database:
SELECT * FROM `swsettings` where vkey = 'general_producturl';
- Update the value in the database by running the below MySQL query on the Kayako database:
update swsettings set data = 'http://<newdomain.kayako.com>' where vkey = 'general_producturl';
- NOTE: Keep an eye on the http vs https. Make sure you use the right protocol based on your setup.
- Clear help desk cache by running the below URL:
After updating the database and rebuilding the cache, login to your http://<newdomain.kayako.com/admin> portal to at least two different systems. You should be able to log in without the aforesaid error message and you should not encounter any redirection.
The first step is to check if the customer you are assisting is a GFI HelpDesk customer by looking at this GFI HelpDesk file.
- If the customer is listed in the aforesaid file, then transfer the ticket to the GFI BU using the Escalate to BU [
External Teams > GFI] macro.
- If not, then refer to the Kayako Classic Download (solution section) of the Adding and Modifying Domains in Kayako Classic article.