While using Kayako Classic, you may encounter the error:
"This domain name (support.SampleDomain.com), does not match the domain name in the license key file."
Kayako Classic license keys are domain or IP based. If you registered support.SampleDomain.com, then you should install Kayako only on that domain. Otherwise, the error will appear. If you want to use a different domain, then we need to add the domain to your account or modify the existing ones.
Only the support team can add or modify domains to your account. See the details below on how to contact the appropriate support team for your account type.
If you are using a GFI Helpdesk account, send an email to email@example.com. Otherwise, please follow these steps:
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page. If you already have an open ticket with us for this issue, then skip this step (use the existing ticket).
Provide the following details:
- The current instance or domain name (e.g., domain.kayako.com)
- A short description of the problem/request (include the domain you want to use).
- Screenshot of the error (if available).
- Provide the same information stated above to the GFI team to expedite your request.
- You need to download the new key and update the license key on your server once the domain update is completed.
The first step is to check if the customer you are assisting is a GFI HelpDesk customer by looking at this GFI HelpDesk file.
- If the customer is listed in the aforesaid file, then transfer the ticket to the GFI BU using the Escalate to BU [
External Teams > GFI] macro.
- If not, then refer to the Kayako Classic Download (solution section) of the Adding and Modifying Domains in Kayako Classic article.