There's a setting in the helpdesk that defines the email size limit (header + attachment) of the incoming emails. Emails greater than the size defined will not be fetched by the helpdesk. When this happens, those emails get stuck in the mail server and may cause problems fetching or processing all other emails into your Kayako Classic instance. This article provides you the steps on how to fix this issue.
- Access to your email server
- Access to the Kayako Classic Admin panel
If you have large emails stuck in your mail server, you need to find those offending emails so you can deal with them accordingly. Otherwise, Kayako may not be able to process all other emails accordingly.
- Find the email from your server that contains an attachment larger than the email size defined in your settings.
- Then decide to whether delete or move it to a different folder.
Often, these large emails would cause the system to stop processing all other emails. But once you have eliminated the offending emails, the system should be able to process the emails again. If you want to prevent this issue from happening, you may set up a rule within your email server to filter large emails.
For example, your mailbox can be configured so that emails with large attachments (you can define the size in most cases) can be moved to an archive or be deleted automatically so that they don't interrupt the fetching process. This behavior is something that needs to be controlled within your email server and not on Kayako's side.
On Kayako Classic, you can adjust the email size limit that your queue can accommodate. Just go to Admin CP > Settings >Email Parser > Email size limit.
- To learn more about handling email size limits, please visit the Email Attachment Size Limits in Kayako Classic article.
- You may also set up a rule to notify the sender that their email is too large.