You may want to fresh install an upgraded version of Kayako Classic to a new server and migrate the data from your existing server to the new installation on the other server. This article provides the steps on how to install Kayako Classic and migrate your data from one server to another.
The first step is to download the updated software package and install Kayako Classic. You may refer to the Installing Kayako Classic Download article for the steps.
Once you are done with the installation, refer to the steps below to migrate your data from the old server to the new server.
- Take a backup of your database, templates, languages, and code modifications (if any). For more information on helpdesk backups, please refer to the article Upgrading (or Downgrading) Your Kayako Classic Download Helpdesk.
- Create a new database and import the database dump taken in Step 1 from the old server to this new database.
- Enter the new database details (Hostname, Database_name, Database_username, and password) in the
- If the domain remains the same after migration, you may skip Steps 5 and 6, otherwise, you need to change the product URL in the database by using the following query from the MySQL CLI (Command Line Interface):
mysql> update swsettings set data = 'http://newproductURL/' where vkey = 'general_producturl';
- After carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you need to contact support to change the registered domain name, since you will need to replace the previous key with the new license key corresponding to the new domain.
- Once you replace the old key with the new one, rebuild the help desk cache from the web browser using the URL in the following format: