You may wonder if there's a way to add users to a specific user group in bulk while importing user data from a CSV file into Kayako Classic. There's no easy and direct way to perform this task but this article provides the steps on how to accomplish it through a workaround step.
- Access to the admin control panel with the "update template groups" permission.
- Access to the staff control panel with the "update users" staff permission.
The process involves modifying the template group settings before initiating the import process. If you want to move imported users to a specific user group, you need to change the default user group from the template group settings in the admin control panel.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- From the Home tab, click Templates, then click Groups.
- Select the template group you are using (click Default if you did not configure any other group).
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll to the "Registered (logged in) user group" option and select the group to where you want the imported users to be added.
- NOTE: This step assumes you have pre-created the group. If not, navigate to Admin CP > User > Insert User Group to create a group.
- Click Save.
Once done, you can initiate the import process. All imported users will automatically be added to the user group defined from the above procedure. If you want to change the template group settings back to the original, just go through the steps above again.
Alternatively, you may also use the Mass Action option to move users to a group in bulk after you imported the data.
Follow these steps to add users to a group in bulk:
- Log in to the staff control panel.
- Click the Users tab.
- Click Manage Users.
- Select all the users you wish to update.
- In the Mass Action section below, select the user group where you want the users to be moved.
- Click Update to save the changes.