A Kayako helpdesk does not have an SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server of its own. By default, Kayako will use the server's own mail handler to send emails. If you want to use an SMTP server for every outbound email activity ranging from ticket replies, notifications, to survey emails among other things, you can modify the settings. This article provides the steps on how to configure Kayako Classic to use an SMTP server.
- Access to the admin control panel with the "Manage helpdesk settings (system-wide settings)" permission.
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- From the Home tab, click Settings.
- Click Email.
- On the SMTP Settings section, select Yes on 'Use an SMTP server to send email'.
- Update all required SMTP related fields such as server hostname, server port, username, password, etc.
- Click Update on the upper left to save the changes.