Sometimes, you may find a feature that changes the ticket submitter (creator) or requester's email address automatically helpful when working on some tickets. Or you may want to add a "CC" recipient automatically when you respond to the ticket. For example, you are receiving a ticket from email@example.com but your response should go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There's no feature in Kayako Classic that would allow you to automatically change the requester's email address nor you can add a CC recipient to a ticket automatically. However, there's a simple workaround that could help you partially achieve what you desire.
- Admin or staff user account with "update users" staff control panel permission.
Kayako Classic allows you to add or associate multiple email addresses to a user. You can also enable the feature to send the ticket updates to all email addresses associated with that user. This requires you to edit the user profile in the Staff Control Panel.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Staff Control Panel.
- Click Users from the top navigation bar.
- Click the Manage Users tab.
- Select the user to open the profile you want to edit.
- In the 'Send Ticket update to all the email addresses' option, select Yes.
- In the General Options > User email addresses section, enter the email addresses you want to become a recipient.
- Click Update in the upper left to save the changes.