While trying to set up an email queue in the email parser on Kayako Classic, you may encounter the error "Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator”. This article provides information on how to solve this problem.
- Admin access with "update email queues" permission.
This error message may be encountered when the mail server accepts only secured connections (i.e. using SSL or TLS encryption). To resolve this issue, you need to change the mailbox type in your email queue settings to either (IMAP or POP3) SSL, or TLS.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the Admin Control Panel.
- From the Home tab, click Email Parser and click Email queues.
- Select the email queue you want to edit, and from the General tab, select the Mailbox Type you wish to use from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update to save your changes.
NOTE: Don't forget to open the required ports on the firewall in your helpdesk server.