When opening an email or ticket with a .zip file in the Staff Control panel of Kayako Classic, users might see the following error:
Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 Timed Out...
This article provides information on how to fix the issue.
- Admin access to the server
default_socket_timeoutsetting in the
php.inifile should fix this issue.
For Kayako Classic Download:
- Log in to your server and open the
- Look for the following line of code:
; Default timeout for socket based streams (seconds)
default_socket_timeout = 60
- Increase the value of
default_socket_timeout, say from 60 to 120.
- Save the file and exit.
For Kayako Classic OnDemand
Since your instance is hosted by Kayako, please submit a ticket to the support team so we can forward this request to the SaaS Ops team.
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page. If you already have an open ticket for this issue, please proceed to step 2.
- In your ticket, provide the following:
- Details of the issue including a screenshot of the error.
- Your instance or domain name.
Instructions for Agents
If you receive this request from an OnDemand customer, submit a change request to increase the value of
- Go to Jira and file a Change Request by clicking the Create button.
- Select the Kayako Classic (KAYAKOC) project from the dropdown.
- For the Issue Type, select Change Request.
- Fill out the entire form with the necessary details.
- Click the Create button to proceed with submitting the request.
- To learn more about submitting change requests and escalations, please read the article Escalating to Engineering and Saas Ops.
- Sample JIRA for your reference: KAYAKOC-18206. This JIRA ticket includes a link to a change runbook that you may replicate and submit on the change request ticket.