You might encounter a problem where the helpdesk is unable to generate tickets due to the following error, which can be found in the parser log:
The helpdesk has no email queues for the email recipients
There are two scenarios from which this problem can originate:
- The email address used for the email queue is an alias of the main email address.
- The emails contain the email queue address in the BCC field, and Kayako has the option to "Ignore recipient addresses and force into queue" set to NO.
Scenario 1: Email address is an alias of the main email
You need to edit the email queue and replace the alias email address with the main email address.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the Admin Control Panel.
- From the Home tab, click Email Parser, click Email Queues.
- Select the email queue to edit.
- From the General tab, enter the correct email address to use in the Email queue address box.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Scenario 2: Email queue address in the BCC field
By design, the BCC field will not be explicitly included in its own header like it is the case with the TO and FROM fields; the BCC'd email address may be contained in other headers (for example X-Envelope-To), but not explicitly. Microsoft, for example, completely excludes the BCC email address from the email headers. Refer to the Destination address fields section of RFC2822 for the specifics of the BCC field.
Kayako supports parsing from BCC, however, it will only look for TO, CC, and BCC. Due to the nature of the BCC field (as explained above), Kayako may be unable to retrieve the queue address.
To overcome this BCC limitation, navigate to the Admin CP > Settings > Email Parser > Email queues, select the appropriate queue, go to the POP3/IMAP tab, set "Ignore recipient addresses and force into queue" to YES, and then click Update.
This is a form of catch-all allowed in Kayako and will make the email queue convert all emails that are received by the mailbox into tickets/ticket replies.
What if the issue is not resolved?
Please open a support ticket, providing us with:
- Additional MIME Data (Raw Headers) as showcased in the article Email Parser Log.
- Screenshots showing the error from the parser log.
- Screenshots showing the settings of the email queue.