You may want to update the organization assigned to multiple users in Kayako Classic. This article provides the steps on how to achieve this task.
There are two ways to mass update the organization name of multiple users - through the Staff Control Panel and by updating the database.
Updating Organization from the Staff Control Panel
NOTE: You need an "update user organizations" staff permission to perform the following steps.
- Log in to the Staff Control Panel.
- Click the Users tab and click Manager Users.
- Select all the users you want to update. Use the search box to filter the users you want to update.
- In the Mass Action tab below, select the new "user organization".
- Click Update to save the changes.
Updating Organization from the Database
NOTE: You need admin access to the database to perform the following steps.
A. Identify the userorganizationid of the relevant organization
- Log in to the database.
- Go to the swuserorganizations table.
- Find the relevant organizations and take note of the userorganizationid.
B. Run the following query
Once you have the userorganizationid info, run the following query.
SET userorganizationid = REPLACE(userorganizationid, 'org_id', 'new_id');
- You need to replace 'org_id' and 'new_id' with the original and new userorganizationid info respectively.
- Running this query will automatically update the associated organization of all the users that belong to the userorganizationid specified. You may assign '0' in the 'new_id' if you simply want to remove the organization association for the users that belong to the organization.