After deploying a Kayako Classic instance to a new server, or performing an upgrade, one receives the following error: "Product file version (4.x.x) does not match with the database version (4.z.z)"
As the message suggests, this error is returned when there is a mismatch between the Kayako version/files installed and the Kayako version used for the database. This might happen if one restores their Kayako database into a server using a different Kayako version, or if there is a problem during the upgrade process.
Below are the instructions on how to resolve this issue depending on your Kayako Classic deployment.
Kayako Classic Download users should follow the steps below.
- Open up a browser and go to the Kayako Classic directory '/setup'. For example, https://www.yourdomain.com/support/setup.
- At that URL, one should see the following. Click on Upgrade.
- Next, review the license terms and click the Agree button.
- The setup utility will check to make sure the server meets all the requirements.
- When it's done, click Next to start the upgrade.
NOTE: The automated portion of the setup script may take quite some time. Do not interrupt it for any reason or your installation will be corrupt and one will have to start over.
- Once the upgrade is complete, a success screen is displayed, and one will be ready to start using the helpdesk.
Kindly refer to the Upgrading or Downgrading Your Kayako Classic Download Helpdesk article for more information.
Kayako Classic OnDemand users would need to Contact Support and provide the information below in order to work on this issue with the Infrastructure team.
- The current instance or domain name (e.g., domain.kayako.com)
- A short description of the problem including a screenshot of the error.
- File a SaaS Incident report following the Routing Table guidelines.
- Provide all the necessary details from the customer.
- Update the ticket accordingly.
Once the mismatch is resolved, the error message will go away and the Kayako instance will work as intended.