When you create a staff user account, you have the option to set it to use the team department assignments. This means that whatever departments were assigned to the team where the staff belongs, it will be inherited by this user if the option "Use team department assignments" is enabled. You can disable that option and select specific department assignments for the user. This article provides steps in assigning specific departments to a specific staff user.
NOTE: You need admin access with "update staff users" permission to perform the following steps.
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- Click the Staff tab and click Manage Staff.
- Select the staff user account you want to modify.
- Click the Assigned Departments tab.
- In the "Use team department assignments" section, select the No radio button.
- From the "ASSIGNED DEPARTMENTS: TICKETS" section, select the departments you want to assign to this user account by selecting the Yes radio button on each department.
- Click Update to save your changes.