You might have setup a POP3 or IMAP email queue in Kayako Classic but the instance is not pulling the emails from the email server automatically.
Once the POP3 or IMAP email queue is inserted in the helpdesk, a cron job needs to be implemented, which will execute the mail parser script after a set interval of time and fetches the emails from the email account "email@example.com" into the helpdesk.
Since your Kayako Classic helpdesk needs to perform a variety of tasks at certain intervals, such as fetching email, cleaning up the database and checking for overdue tickets, to make sure these tasks run on time, there is a Scheduled Tasks built into the system. This can be enabled, disabled, or manually executed.
The scheduled tasks system can also be described as a 'pseudo cron' system. Instead of a server's clock driving the cron, the passive actions of people using the helpdesk (logging in, clicking on things) triggers the scheduled tasks system to see if any tasks need running.
This may present a problem for a helpdesk which isn't very busy. If no one is using the helpdesk, there won't be anything to trigger the scheduled tasks system. This can be solved by driving the scheduled tasks system in your helpdesk using your web server's cron system (Task Scheduler in Windows or crontab in Unix).
This article provides information on fixing this issue.
Verify the Scheduled Task from the Admin CP
Before implementing a server cron, check to see if the scheduled task for fetching emails is enabled for your instance.
NOTE: You need access to the admin control panel with the "update scheduled tasks" permission to perform the following steps.
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- From the Home tab, click Scheduled Tasks.
- Click Manage and look for the Fetch emails (POP3/IMAP) task.
- If it's disabled (grayed out), proceed to step #4.
- If it's enabled but the issue persist, then a cron needs to be configured. This means that your instance may not be busy enough to trigger the scheduled tasks. Proceed to the Configuring Cron section below.
- Enable the Fetch emails (POP3/IMAP) task by checking the box next to is and click Enable at the top.
Configuring a Cron
Kayako Classic Download
- Visit the Manually Scheduling a Server Task/Cron Job article.