When you create a ticket through Kayako REST API while using the 'staffid' instead of 'userid' or 'autouserid', the ticket gets created but no user is linked to it. As a result, when staff replies on this ticket, the outgoing emails are broken or can't be replied to. Or sometimes, the email does not get sent to the user at all.
Kayako requires, one of the following parameters when using the API to create a ticket:
If dispatched as "1", then the User ID is looked up based on the email address.
If none is found, the system ends up creating a new user based on the information supplied.
The User ID, if the ticket is to be created as a user.
The Staff ID, if the ticket is to be created as a staff.
When using the argument
staffid, the source code sets the
userid to be 0. As a result, it is not able to link any user to the ticket. This was a limitation identified in older versions of Kayako Classic. A fix was deployed to the code starting from version 4.93.11 to create a user when only 'staffid' is provided when creating a ticket using REST API.
If you are experiencing this issue and you are using a version that is older than Kayako Classic 4.93.11, you need to upgrade your instance to the latest version.
- For Kayako Classic (Download), to upgrade your instance, please visit the Upgrading or Downgrading Your Kayako Classic Download article for guidance.
- For Kayako Classic (OnDemand), please contact our support team by clicking the Submit a ticket button at the top of this page. We will facilitate the upgrade of your helpdesk in the backend.
Note: To check the version of your Kayako Classic installation, please see the instructions provided in the KB article Identifying a Kayako Classic Version.
For agents, if a Kayako Classic OnDemand customer is reporting this issue:
- Educate them about the cause of the issue and get their permission to upgrade the instance to the latest version.
- Once you get the go signal from the customer, follow the Upgrading Kayako Classic OnDemand Instance KB for requesting the upgrade.
- Update the customer accordingly.