The Kayako portfolio has two versions - Kayako Classic (download and on-demand versions) and Kayako, also known as "The New Kayako". If you are using Kayako Classic and want to migrate to the new Kayako, you do have this option as a customer.
- Create a trial of New Kayako at Kayako portal using the URL of your choice.
- Send a note to email@example.com informing us which URL you chose so we can extend your trial to give you more time to prepare for the migration.
- Navigate to Kayako data migration page.
- Run a demo migration. This will migrate enough records to enable your trial as a sandbox for testing.
What data is migrated?
According to Kayako data migration page:
Note that this is limited to data and it doesn't include settings like Macros, Triggers, etc.
* For more information on what's part of the migration the customer needs to contact our partner, Help Desk Migration
Support During Migration
We will create a case for your migration once we know that you are on track to move forward. For the most part, you should not require support from Kayako during the migration process. Our partner, Help Desk Migration, will support your migration-related technical issues.
Special Considerations for Kayako Classic OnDemand Customers
If you are using our Classic Cloud or On-Demand Kayako Classic service, we need to know when you schedule your final migration so that we can redirect your URL in a timely fashion. We ask you to give us two weeks' notice in advance of when you need your URL moved. Please coordinate this with Kayako Support by submitting a ticket via help.kayako.com.
Upgrading from Kayako Classic to New Kayako FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions about migrating to the new Kayako.
- Do I have to migrate to the new Kayako?
No, this is optional. We continue to support Kayako Classic. Kayako Download customers can find out more about extending support for Kayako Classic by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are there any upgrade or migration requirements?
You must have an administrator login on both systems to run the demo and final migration.
- What happens to any subscription or support I have remaining on my Kayako Classic account when I switch to the new Kayako?
We will credit it back to you, pro-rata, against your new Kayako subscription.
- Can I try New Kayako before agreeing to migrate?
Absolutely yes. You can create a new trial at Kayako portal at your convenience. Need more time on your trial? Contact email@example.com and provide your trial URL as mentioned above.
- What has changed in New Kayako?
So much has changed! We think you will be pleased. Learn more in the article describing all the changes.
- Is it possible to do custom migrations?
Yes! You can do things like migrate two Kayako Classic instances into one New Kayako instance, or split by brand. After you register with our partner, Help Desk Migration, you can request custom services.
- Will the price of a New Kayako instance be different from Kayako Classic?
Yes. We will contact you to negotiate a new subscription and pricing for your new Kayako instance once you notify the Sales team.
- What factors influence migration pricing and timing?
Both pricing and time required to migrate are based on the volume of data you are migrating. If you have had your system running for many years, you might want to reduce the amount of data you migrate, which will reduce the time it takes to migrate all your data.
- More Questions?
We are here to help! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.