After editing a parser rule from the admin control panel, you might get the following error:
Undefined index: departmentid (./__apps/parser/admin/class.View_Rule.php:285)
A damaged or corrupted parser rule could be a probable cause of this issue. Deleting the current rule and creating a new one, then rebuilding the helpdesk cache will help solve this issue
- Before deleting an existing rule, you may want to take note of the criteria so you can easily replicate it. Take a screenshot of the rule for your reference!
- You need admin access with "insert and delete email parser rules" permission to perform the following steps.
Follow these steps to delete and recreate a rule, then rebuild the cache:
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- From the Home tab, click Email Parser, then click Rules.
- Select the rule you want to delete, then click Delete.
- Click Ok on the prompt to confirm the action.
- Click +New to create a new rule.
- Enter the necessary information for the rule you desire to create. For help on creating rules, visit this KB article.
- Once the rule has been created, follow the steps in Rebuilding the Cache of your instance.