You might receive a report from users or customers stating that they are getting 'undelivered mail return to sender' notifications when replying to tickets from your Kayako Classic instance. The email notification would contain the following PHP memory error:
Command died with status 255: "/var/www/html/solanocoe.kayako.com/console/index.php".
Command output: PHP Fatal error:
Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 134217736 bytes)
in /var/www/html/solanocoe.kayako.com/__apps/tickets/library/Bayesian/class.SWIFT_Bayesian.php on line 704
This was a bug identified in version 4.93.07 due to a memory leak issue in the Bayesian tokenizer and in the SmartReply methods. It was fixed in version 4.93.16 (KAYAKOC-16629) and newer versions going forward.
If you are experiencing this issue and you are using Kayako Classic 4.93.07 or older versions, you need to upgrade your instance to the latest version.
- For Kayako Classic (Download), to upgrade your instance, please visit the Upgrading or Downgrading Your Kayako Classic Download article for guidance.
- For Kayako Classic (OnDemand), please contact our support team by clicking the Submit a ticket button at the top of this page. We will facilitate the upgrade of your helpdesk in the backend.
Note: To check the version of your Kayako Classic installation, please see the instructions provided in the KB article Identifying a Kayako Classic Version.
For agents, if a Kayako Classic OnDemand customer is reporting this issue:
- Educate them about the cause of the issue and get their permission to upgrade the instance to the latest version.
- Once you get the go signal from the customer, follow the Upgrading Kayako Classic OnDemand Instance KB for requesting the upgrade.
- Update the customer accordingly.