You may wonder why some replies sent to a ticket in Kayako Classic are not showing up on the ticket even if the email server has forwarded it to your instance.
When this happens, typically the system would send a non-delivery notification email to the sender. If the situation is related to the "Command Time Limit Exceeded" error that shows up in the notification email, we recommend upgrading your Kayako Classic to the latest version.
We haven't found the real root cause of this issue but it appears that email processing times out unexpectedly when sending the replies to the instance that is generating the "Command Time Limit Exceeded" error in the backend.
This problem was experienced in versions lower than 4.93.13. Hence, if you are using one of those versions, consider upgrading your instance.
Note: To check the version of your Kayako Classic installation, please see the instructions provided in the KB article Identifying a Kayako Classic Version.
- For Kayako Classic (Download), to upgrade your instance, please visit the Upgrading or Downgrading Your Kayako Classic Download article for guidance.
- For Kayako Classic (OnDemand), please contact our support team by clicking the Submit a ticket button at the top of this page. We will facilitate the upgrade of your helpdesk in the backend.
If you are already using the most recent Kayako Classic version and the problem persists, please reach out to the support team so we can investigate this further.
NOTE: You may visit Software Updates Release Notes for information about Kayako Classic software releases.
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page. If you already have an open ticket with us for this issue, then skip this step (use the existing ticket).
Provide the following details:
- Instance name (e.g., domain.kayako.com)
- A short and detailed description of the problem.
- Include the following log files and information.
- Parser logs (Admin CP > Email Parser > Parser Log)
- Email header information from the email affected by the issue
- Screenshot of the error if there's any.
- If you are allowing support to impersonate your account for troubleshooting purposes, please see Sharing Secure Access to Your Kayako Classic Helpdesk.
- Include the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.