You might get a report from a staff user stating that the trash folder in the staff control panel is showing tickets count but there's nothing in the folder when you open it.
The main reason why a user would see an empty view while the Trash folder is indicating that there are tickets in there is because of a user department permission issue. This means that the user viewing this folder does not have permission to view the tickets from specific departments. In other words, this scenario indicates that there are tickets in the folder that belongs to a department to which the user does not have access or permission.
To fix this, you need to grant permission to the staff user for departments they are allowed to access or view.
NOTE: You need admin access with "update staff users" permission to perform the following steps.
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- Click Staff from the top navigation bar.
- Click Manage Staff.
- Select the staff you want to edit.
- Click the Assigned Departments tab.
- Select Yes to the departments (tickets or live support) to which the staff user should have access.
- Click Update to save your changes.