You might have set an email queue to accept emails from registered users only and you'd like to set a notification so that unregistered users get a message telling them their email was rejected because they are not registered.
Kayako Classic has a built-in auto-response mail that is sent to unregistered users when they try to reach out to an email queue that accepts emails from registered users only. If you want to modify the notification's behavior, you may edit the template that controls this notification.
The auto-response mail for non-registered users is found in both
email_noregistration_html templates under Admin Panel > Home > Templates > select template group > General.
- You need admin access with "update templates" permission to update the templates.
- Make sure to backup your templates before making any changes. Also, you can always restore fresh templates as needed. Kindly check our article Managing Your Template Modifications for your reference.
You can also modify the actual text in the notification message that the template uses through the language phrases. The language phrases are found on both
These phrases contain the following default value:
- regemailrejectintro - "We were unable to process your email. You need to have a helpdesk account before you can create tickets using email. You can register yourself on our helpdesk:"
- regemailrejectfooter - "Once registered, you will be able to submit tickets simply by contacting us by email. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
To modify language phrases:
- Navigate to Admin Panel > Home > Languages > Phrases > Search.
- Enter the template you want to edit in the search query box (e.g., regemailrejectintro) then click search.
- Type the customized message in the box and click Update.
NOTE: You need admin access with "update language phrases" permission to perform the above steps.