When trying to run the setup script to install Kayako Classic on Microsoft IIS, it returns with a blank page.
You'll need to set some specific folder permissions for Microsoft's IIS. For the user account of the application pool you're using for Kayako Classic, you'll need to grant full permissions to the following folders:
NOTE: It is recommended to keep the Application Pool Identity as the Application Pool itself, and add that identity to the list of authorized user accounts with full control permissions for the above folders. For more information about Application Pool Identities, refer to the IIS documentation. Otherwise, you would usually need to add the 'IUSR' user account to the said list. For help with this, also refer to the IIS documentation.
First, set the Anonymous Authentication to 'Application pool identity'. This allows access to anonymous users to the folders that are needed.
From the IIS Manager, select Sites > "Your site name" IIS > double click on Authentication.
Select Anonymous Authentication and then Edit action to the far right.
- As recommended, keep this to the 'Application pool identity'.
- Click Ok to save your changes.
Once you have set the authentication, add the permissions by selecting the folders (see list above) and adding the user which in the above example screenshot, the user is IIS AppPool\Helpdesk.
- Right-click the folder that needs permission and click Edit Permissions.
- Click the Security tab and click Edit.
- Click Add and enter the user (e.g., IIS AppPool\Helpdesk) in the 'Enter the object name' field and click Ok.
- Select Allow on Full Control and click Ok.
- Repeat the above steps on all folders/files that need permission (see list above).