A user might have added multiple email addresses on their profile and wish to get ticket updates on all of their email addresses but the system is only sending the update to one email address.
Users can specify or add multiple email addresses to their profile. Tickets are logged to the email address used to login to the helpdesk.
If they want to receive all ticket updates to all the email addresses associated with the user, the 'Send Ticket update to all the email addresses' option should be enabled from the Staff Control Panel. This will include staff replies and autoresponder.
NOTE: To enable this option, you need access to the staff control panel with "update users" permission.
- Log in to the Staff control panel.
- Click Users from the top navigation bar.
- Click Manage Users then select the user you want to update.
- From the General tab, select Yes on the 'Send Ticket update to all the email addresses' option.
- Click Update to save your changes.
NOTE: When another email address is added to a user account, that email address can be used for logging into the same user account. The password will be the same for the user account while using different email addresses as usernames.