You might have set a Pipe email queue in Kayako Classic and wondering if the outgoing emails are sent through Kayako's SMTP.
A Pipe email queue is one of the three types of mailboxes in Kayako Classic (2 others are POP3 and IMAP). All these mailbox protocols are for incoming mails only.
The helpdesk uses the 'PHP mail() function' or SMTP mail server for outbound emails regardless of the mailbox type and depending on which one was set in the email settings.
By default, Kayako will use the server's own mail handler to send emails (PHP mail()) unless an SMTP server is configured. To change this or to check the outgoing email handler configuration:
- Log in to the admin control panel.
- From the Home tab, click Settings.
- Click Email and scroll down to the SMTP settings.
- Select Yes (to use an external SMTP server) or No (to use Kayako's default mail handler) depending on your need.
- Click Update to save your changes.