You may want to update or upgrade your Kayako Classic instance or software to the latest or higher version available and may wonder what is required to accomplish this task.
You need an active Kayako Classic subscription to upgrade or update your instance. An active subscription means your account is up-to-date and the license has not expired due to payment issues or unsettled bills.
If you don't have an active subscription (i.e., the license has expired), please contact our Sales team by sending an email directly to Sales@kayako.com if you want to discuss renewal plans and options.
- For download customers, you need to access the my.kayako.com portal which requires an active subscription to download the build or installation files as well as the license key.
- You also need to make sure you're meeting the Kayako Classic Server Configuration and System Requirements before upgrading your instance.
- To upgrade your Kayako Classic download instance, please visit the Upgrading or Downgrading Your Kayako Classic Download article for guidance.
- For OnDemand customers, you need an active subscription because your instance upgrade is facilitated in the backend by the SaaS team. Without an active subscription, this request cannot be fulfilled.
- To upgrade your Kayako Classic OnDemand instance, please contact our support team by clicking the Submit a ticket button at the top or bottom of this page. The support team will forward this request to the SaaS team on your behalf.
- Provide your instance name (e.g., domain.kayako.com) when sending the request.
For agents, if a customer is requesting to upgrade their Kayako Classic OnDemand instance, please refer to the Upgrading Kayako Classic OnDemand Instance article.