You might wonder why some users, groups of users, teams, or staff can see the contents of folders that do not belong to them.
Folders are called Departments in Kayako Classic. When you create a Department (or sub-department), all teams and groups of users are granted access by default. Any restrictive permissions should be configured manually at the time of creation or can be modified if desired after creation. Sub-departments (child departments) also do not inherit the parent department's permissions during creation.
To restrict folder or department contents, you need to set the teams, individual staff, user groups, or individual users' permission.
To set restrictions on a specific folder or department:
- Sign in to the admin control panel.
- Click on the Departments option in the top navigation bar.
- Click on Manage Department.
- Select the Department you want to modify.
- Switch to the 'Staff Assignments' tab.
- From the 'Staff Team Assignments' section, click Yes next to any team you want to assign to a department. Or, select No if you want to restrict the department to that team.
- From the 'Individual Staff Assignments' section, click Yes next to the staff members you want to assign. Or, select No if you want to restrict the staff members from seeing the department.
- If you want only a particular set of users to be able to select the department when submitting a ticket from the support center, you'll find options for that on the 'Permissions: Users' tab.
- Click the Update button in the upper-left to save your changes.
To assign departments to specific users, please visit the Assigning Departments to a Specific Staff User article.
Once you're done setting permissions, ask a user that belongs to the group or team you have restricted to log in to the Staff Control Panel to check if the folder or department you put restrictions on is no longer showing.
If it's no longer showing, this means you have successfully placed the restrictions. Otherwise, make sure you have followed the above steps correctly.