At some point, you might see the need to reassign tickets in bulk from one staff user to another. This need may occur if the staff is being reassigned to another role, deactivated, or when you are reducing seat count from your instance.
The easiest way to mass update tickets from one staff user to another is to use the "advanced search" option to look for all the tickets with ownership that belong to the departing staff. Then use the mass action feature to transfer the ownership of the tickets.
NOTE: You need staff control panel access with "update tickets" permission to perform the following steps.
- Log in to the Staff Control Panel.
- Click the Tickets tab from the top navigation bar.
- Click Search and select Advanced Search from the drop-down menu.
- From the Advanced Search window in the criteria section, select Owner > Equal to > Name of Ticket Owner.
- NOTE: You may insert additional criteria depending on your need to further streamline the search results. For example, you may include departments, ticket status, etc.
- Click the Search button. This will list all tickets that meet your criteria in step #4.
- From the ticket search results page, select the tickets you want to reassign.
- In the Mass Action section, select the new owner to who the tickets will be reassigned in the Assign field.
- Click Update.