You might have reduced or downgraded the seat count on your subscription and wondering why the credit was not used against the recent invoice.
When you downgrade or reduce your seat count, a prorated amount will be credited to your account for the removed seats. The credit will sit on your account unless the Billing team applies it against your invoice.
To ensure that the Billing team is aware of the changes, after adjusting or downgrading your seat count, please send an email to Billing@kayako.com to inform them that you want the credit to be applied to your invoice on the next billing cycle.
The Billing team will review your account and will get back to you accordingly.
Instruction for Agents
If you receive this request from a customer, do the following:
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Access the account or subscription and scroll down to the subscription history section.
- Check if a seat count reduction was done.
- If a seat reduction is recorded in the history, proceed to step #4.
- If there's no record of seat count reduction, tell the customer what you see on the account and ask them the details on how many seats they want to remove or retain. Once you have this information, proceed to step #4 to request the Billing team to reduce the seat count and apply the credit to their next invoice.
- Open a side conversation with
email@example.com include the following information:
- Customer name
- Customer email
- Payment ID (if found)
- Zendesk ticket ID
- Description of the issue/request
- Inform the customer that the request has been forwarded to the Billing team.
- Put the ticket on hold until the Billing team confirms the issue has been resolved.
- Update the customer accordingly.