A user is experiencing the error below whenever they try to send a reply using the website to a ticket that was originally created using the Kayako Classic mobile app. This leads to the reply being added to the ticket, but the email is never sent.
Uncaught Exception Call to a member function GetProperty() on boolean in ./__apps/tickets/library/Ticket/class.SWIFT_TicketEmailDispatch.php:1070
This behavior is due to the mobile app not storing all of the user details when creating the ticket. Nevertheless, as the mobile apps are not receiving further fixes, this behavior will remain this way.
Having said that, there is a solution for this error as well as a couple of workarounds. To resolve this problem follow the steps below.
- Go into the Edit section of the ticket.
- Make sure the user/creator information is correct, and click on Update.
- This will update the ticket's user details and one would be able to send replies without any errors.
Other than that, a couple of workarounds are to:
- Send responses to this ticket using the mobile app instead of the website.
- When using a mobile device try using the browser/website to create tickets instead of the mobile app.
Following the steps above should allow one to send ticket replies without any further errors.