You would like to get to know the full size of our database for determining proper server hosting capacity, such as when migrating to Kayako On-Premise.
To determine your database size, we will need to create a backup of your database. Please submit a request providing the following details:
- The name of the Kayako Classic OnDemand instance that you are requesting the database size for (e.g. sniper.kayako.com)
- Either one of the following pieces of information to ensure we are only processing a request from an authorized person:
- Copy of the previously paid invoice. (attached to your ticket)
- Or, billing email address and mailing address registered on the account.
Once the backup is ready, an agent will inform you of the size of your database and its attachments.
- Follow the steps in the Requesting a Database Backup of Your Kayako Classic Ondemand Instance article to request a full backup of their instance.
- Once you receive the links, decompress the files and check the total size of the instance (database + attachments). If you face issues decompressing the files, ask for the support of the SaaS team member that created the backup as a comment in the JIRA ticket.
- Inform the customer of the total size of the database, reminding him that it contains all data existing in their helpdesk such as:
- Existing Tickets, their attachments, and their notes.
- Information of all users registered in their system (email address, profile information, etc).
- Knowledgebase articles from the Help Center along with the files attached to them and etc.