You have noticed that the sender name used in the emails is different than the one defined for the staff user. For instance, the image below shows how the staff name is John Smith, but it is sent with a different name.
This behavior can occur when there is a specific "From name" defined for the Email Queue used for this ticket. As explained in the Editing the List of 'From' Email Addresses That Appears When Replying to a Customer article, the email queue takes precedence as the sender address so the name for the queue will be used as well. If there is no name defined for the queue, then it would use the staff user name.
In order to set the expected sender name, follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Admin CP of your instance.
- Go to Email Parser > Email Queues, and select the affected queue.
- Go to the Settings area, and update the From name value accordingly.
- Leave the value empty in order to use the name of the staff user sending the response, or
- Add the name expected to be used for all emails sent from that queue.
- Click the Update button to save the changes.
Once the Email Queue has been updated, emails will start using the expected sender name.